Thursday, November 24, 2011

Info

One Of My Friend Commended -

One doubt. You said why worship idols instead worship The Creator. Then whats the point in going to Makka? Muhammad was just a messenger right?

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend

Thank you for your curious question.

It is due to the unawareness of the historical facts that leads to this kind of understanding.

What Is Makkah

Makkah is a city that hosts The First House of God that was built by prophet Abraham and his son Ishmael, before some 5,000 years ago. One need to clearly understand the context in which such a house was built. Quran introduces Abraham as a true prophet from God.

And mention in the Book (the Qur'an, the story of) Ibrahim. Verily! He was a man of truth, a Prophet. Quran 19:41

Father of prophet Abraham was an Idol maker in the city of Ur (present day Iraq). His father was an elite among his people. Prophet Abraham did not believe in the idol worship and he said to his father -

When he said to his father: "O my father! Why do you worship that which hears not, sees not and cannot avail you in anything O my father! Verily! There has come to me of knowledge that which came not unto you. So follow me. I will guide you to a straight path. Quran 19:42 - 43.

The response from his father was severe. His father threatened him.

He (the father) said: "Do you reject my gods, O Ibrahim If you stop not (this), I will indeed stone you. So get away from me safely before I punish you.'' Quran 19:46

His father threatened him that he will kill him. Then prophet Abraham replied to his father -

Ibrahim said: "Peace be on you! I will ask forgiveness of my Lord for you. Verily! He is unto me, Ever Most Gracious. And I shall turn away from you and from those whom you invoke besides Allah. And I shall call on my Lord; and I hope that I shall not be unanswered in my invocation to my Lord.'' Quran 19:47-48

Please note the point -

- Prophet Ibrahim did not reply in the same tone.
- He said Peace be on you!

As a result, prophet Abraham left his house. The history goes on and on. Since prophet Abraham left his family and people who were idol worshipers, God commanded him to build A House of Worship without any Idols.

Verily, the first House (of worship) appointed for mankind was that at Bakkah (Makkah), full of blessing, and a guidance for Al-Alamin (mankind and Jinn). In it are manifest signs (for example), the Maqam (station) of Ibrahim; whosoever enters it, he attains security. And Hajj (the annual pilgrimage) to the House is a duty that mankind owes to Allah (One God), for those who are able to undertake the journey; and whoever disbelieves, then Allah stands not in need of any of the Alamin (mankind). Quran 3:96-97

- Prophet Abraham, thus built The First House of Worship of God without any idols.
- History of prophet Abraham is very lengthy. He left an unmatched Legacy of the worship of One God, before this Mankind.

Now comes the answer to your question. It was for the remembrance of The Legacy of Worship of One God and due to the command from One God, a Muslim goes to Makkah as a pilgrimage.

- It is not for worship of Idol, a believer goes to Makkah, It is for worship of One God, a believer goes to Makkah.

Mohammad was a Only a Messenger of God

Yes, Mohammad was only a messenger of God.

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the last of the Prophets. And Allah is Ever All-Aware of everything." Quran 33:40

- He did not call mankind to worship him.
- He did call mankind to worship One God.

... Say: "I am commanded only to worship Allah (One God) and not to join partners with Him. To Him I call and to Him is my return.'' Quran 13:36

So please understand that a believer goes to Makkah not to worship prophet Mohammad, it is to Worship The One Who Created prophet Mohammad.

Regards
Nisam

No comments:

Post a Comment