I Wrote -
The Family Principles are embedded with The Family Etiquette. Before we analyze the marriages of prophet Mohammad, what kind of family etiquette that prophet Mohammad put forward, should be learned.
Family Etiquette - 1
O you who believe! Let your slaves and slave girls, and those among you who have not come to the age of puberty ask your permission on three occasions: before the Dawn prayer, while you put off your clothes during the afternoon, and after the night prayer. (These) three (times) are of privacy for you;... Quran 24:58
This is about etiquette of entering a room. Within a house, there will be mother, father, children, servants etc. When the father and mother are inside a room, others (children, servants etc) should seek permission before entering the room. It should not be like, they suddenly open the door and meet father and mother.
Family Etiquette - 2
O you who believe! Enter not houses other than your own, until you have asked permission and greeted those in them; that is better for you, in order that you may remember. And if you find no one therein, still enter not until permission has been given. And if you are asked to go back, go back, for it is purer for you. And Allah is All-Knower of what you do. Quran 24:27-28
This is about etiquette of entering a house. Before entering a house, the permission should be asked.
- It should not be directly getting inside the house, if one don't get any reply from within the house.
- It should not be peeking through the windows, if one don't get any reply from within the house.
- It should not be going through the backside of the house, if one don't get any reply from within the house.
And when you are asked to go back, then go back without saying I am so and so etc.
Family Etiquette - 3
"It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents ?" The Prophet said, "'The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother." - Prophet Mohammad.
- Prophet Mohammad taught - don't be instrumental in your parents being cursed by your own actions.
Family Etiquette - 4
"The person who severs the bond of kinship will not enter Paradise." - Prophet Mohammad.
Family Etiquette - 5
Allah (One God) has forbidden you
1. To be undutiful to your mothers.
2. To withhold what you should give.
3. To demand what you do not deserve.
4. To bury your daughters alive. (The 6th century people used to bury their baby girls out of shame of being the father of a girl !)
5. Allah has disliked that (A) you talk too much about others ( B), ask too many questions (in religion), or (C) waste your property." - Prophet Mohammad
What you see is only a few samples from the 100s of Family Etiquette that were envisaged, practiced and put before this mankind, by prophet Mohammad.
will be continued ...